J1 – Research Awards, by Granting Council
- A. General Information
- B. Admission
- C. Transfer Admission from Other Postsecondary Institutions
- D. Library Collections
- F. Student Experience Information
- G. Annual Student Expenses
- H. Instructional Faculty and Class Size
- I. University Revenue and Expenses
- J. Research
- K. Other Useful Information
Transfer Admission from Other Postsecondary Institutions
Student Experience Information
- F1a The NSSE (National Survey of Student Engagement) - Evaluation
- F1b The NSSE (National Survey of Student Engagement) - Would Repeat
- F2a Results from the CGPSS (Canadian Graduate Professional Student Survey) - Would recommend or choose again?
- F2b Results from the CGPSS (Canadian Graduate Professional Student Survey) - Overall Quality
Annual Student Expenses
Instructional Faculty and Class Size
University Revenue and Expenses
Other Useful Information
- K2 Key Performance Indicators, Employment Rate of Graduates in Undergraduate Programs
- K2A Key Performance Indicators, Degree Completion Rate for Undergraduate Cohort, New Year 1 Students
- K2A2 Key Performance Indicators, Degree Completion Rate for Undergraduate Cohort, New Year 1 Students
- K3 Retention Rates
The data for the year selected is not available.
For data prior to 2017, please click here.
Move your cursor over the bar at the top right hand corner of your screen until you see data.
J1: Research Awards, by Granting Council
Sources: Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada (SSHRC), Natural Science and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC) and Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR).
1. The figures exclude Canada Research Chairs (CRCs) and National Centres of Excellence (NCE) and include affiliates, where appropriate.
SSHRC: All Payments by Program Activity. Excludes indirect costs.
NSERC: Grants and Scholarships by University/College
CIHR: CIHR Funding Database. Funding Type: All
2. Please note that not all universities report data in the 3 granting councils for each year.
Brock: Additionally, the following sub-grants were awarded in 2013-14: SSHRC (7 awards, $109,063), NSERC (1 award, $4,000), CIHR (1 award, $7,500)
Guelph: Guelph main campus.
Lakehead: Includes affiliates/campuses except for 2005-06, where affiliates/campuses were excluded.
McMaster: Includes affiliates
Nipissing: Includes affiliates
OCAD (2005-06): not reported.
UOIT (2010-11 to present): Source: UOIT
Ottawa: Affiliated hospitals and research institutes are included starting in 2006-07.
Queen’s: Queen’s data includes Queen’s Theological College. Starting in Fall 2012, Queen’s Theological College was integrated into Queen’s as the School of Religion.
Toronto Total: (1) Data is available at the institutional level only.
(2) Includes affiliates.
Trent: Includes affiliates/campuses.
Waterloo: Includes affiliates/campuses.
Western: Excludes affiliated colleges.
King’s (2005-06): data not reported.
WLU: Excludes affiliates.